Optimum Spray Wax
Fast Application: Takes less than 15 minutes to wax the whole car. No buffing required. No residues to remove.
Durable: One application can last for 2 months!
UV Protection: Helps reduce fading.
Non-Abrasive: Will not create swirl marks like traditional car wax/polishes.
Environmentally Friendly: Contains no harsh chemicals or VOC's.
* Optimum Car Wax was applied to automotive coated panels along with two major leading spray car wax brands. These panels were left on an exterior surface at a 45 degree angle toward south along with an untreated control panel for five months.
During this period of time, the panels were washed with car wash soaps on a weekly basis. While the panels treated with the competitive products showed no water beading after just one wash, the panels with Optimum Car Wax with UV showed visible water beading after 22 washes.
* (Study conducted by Optimum Polymer Technologies, Memphis, TN 7/14/02)
Meet the Perfect Wax
Optimum Car Wax was developed after years of research in manufacturing automotive paint. Although automotive paint technology has experienced revolutionary changes in the past decade, the major wax/polish manufacturers have continued to offer the same old technologies.
Almost all Original Equipment Manufacturers' (OEM's) automotive paint systems used today have a pigmented base coat protected by a thin layer of clear coat. The base coat is comprised primarily of pigments or colorants held in place by a polymeric resin film (binder).
The clear coat contains polymeric resin or binder, UV inhibitors, and generally one or more silicone additives. The silicone additives can help protect the surface from scratches and marring, and generally last several months. Optimum Car Wax adds Carnauba wax to the surface and replenishes these silicone polymers. UV inhibitors help prevent "free radical" degradation, and protect the pigments and colorants from oxidation.
Optimum Car Wax contains no chemical solvents or environmentally hazardous compounds. Optimum Car Wax contains no VOCs. it does contain the finest waxes, methicones, and emollients used in hand lotions. It is completely safe for consumers, as well as the environment.
* Panels painted with automotive base coat/clear coat systems were divided into two sections. One section was left untreated. The other, treated with Optimum Car Wax. The panels were subjected to UV light from a QUV instrument. After only 6 weeks of exposure with the QUV instrument (equivalent to two years of normal weathering), the untreated panels had lost all gloss and color while the section treated with Optimum Car Wax retained a high gloss with clarity.
* Study conducted by Buckman Laboratories, Memphis, TN 9/10/02.
Internal UV Testing
* Optimum Car Wax was applied to clear coated glass panels while the UV levels were measured through the film. The UV inhibitors in Optimum car Wax reduced the UV levels by 43%. This level of UV protection can double the life expectancy of the clear coating and the colorants of the base coats.
* Study conducted by Optimum Polymer Technologies, Memphis, TN 10/15/01.
* Optimum, and two leading brands of spray car wax, were applied to automotive coated panels. These three panels were exposed at a 45 degree angle facing the southern sun for 5 months. During this period of time, the panels were washed with car wash soaps on a weekly basis. While the panels treated with the competitive products showed no water beading after just one wash, the panels with Optimum showed visible water beading after 22 washes.
* Study conducted by Optimum Polymer Technologies, Memphis, TN 7/14/02.
Questions & Answers
Why should I wax my car if it has a clear coat finish?
Clear coat finishes contain additives to reduce scratching and marring and protect the clear coat from environmental elements such as acid rain, bird droppings, tree sap, etc. These additives also cause water beading on new cars. After a few months, these surface protectants are eroded by the environmental elements. Optimum Car Wax will restore this protective layer. Furthermore, it helps reduce fading from exposure to the sun.
What is the benefit of UV inhibitors in Optimum Car Wax?
UV inhibitors help keep the color from fading and are present in the clear coat finish. These become deactivated or consumed over time. The UV inhibitors in Optimum Car Wax augment these and help protect the paint from fading.
Can I use an orbital buffer to apply Optimum Car Wax?
Absolutely. In fact, most detail shops use Optimum Car Wax with high speed polishers or orbital buffers. You must use a low density foam pad with your orbital buffer or polisher. This combination results in a very high gloss finish in just a few minutes.
Can I apply Optimum over other waxes?
Yes, once they have had an opportunity to dry. Optimum is outstanding as a "topper" for carnauba paste waxes. It adds an unbelievable gloss to dark colors and an ultra slick finish to light vehicles. You may use Optimum to greatly extend the durability of carnauba.
What should I do if I spray Optimum Car Wax on my black trim?>
Since Optimum Car Wax has no abrasives, it will not cause damage to moldings or trims. In fact, Optimum will provide these surfaces with UV protection!
Conditions to Avoid
Do not apply Optimum on surface temperatures below 55 F, or greater than 90 F. Heavy oxidation should be removed prior to using Optimum. Do not over-apply the product. Multiple light coats may be added over a few weeks for ultimate gloss.